La Cabronita Special Edition with Fender FideliTrons

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
People rag on the Fender Fidelitrons, but I think they are worthy Filtertrons: not as clear as TV Jones, but fantastic for rock or blues tones IMO.

Absolutely, they came with my Squier Cabro. On the Filtertron spectrum they’re a bit dark, but certainly not bad.

David MacNeill

Electromatic
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2022
Boise ID
Absolutely, they came with my Squier Cabro. On the Filtertron spectrum they’re a bit dark, but certainly not bad.
Next you’ll say they have a “great personality”. More damning with faint praise. Obsessing over trivial minutiae like that when a guy gets a new guitar kinda makes me think you guys might be on a different spectrum — catch my drift? Perhaps not.

Read the room.

Emergence

Synchromatic
Gold Supporting Member
May 25, 2022
New York
Next you’ll say they have a “great personality”. More damning with faint praise. Obsessing over trivial minutiae like that when a guy gets a new guitar kinda makes me think you guys might be on a different spectrum — catch my drift? Perhaps not.

Read the room.
Cabronitas have a unique personality. That’s not faint praise. It’s praise. They work best in a band setting where both loudness and tone respond to the volume control. Dime the volume and the guitar cuts through. Roll it down to find your place in the mix. That’s perfect for rock and blues and can work for country too. Personally, I like separate tone and treble bleed volume controls because I use my guitar only to accompany my singing. But that’s in no way a criticism of anyone who needs something different from their guitar. With the right instrument, you not only create music, you make it magical.

Latest posts