Jokes thread

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
IMG_1021.jpeg

Sadly, Mrs MT says it's not far from the truth. In my childhood, parents took the word of other adults over kids, even their own. The worst thing you could hear was, "I'm going to talk to your parents." Now that's not a threat. I had a patient who sued his son's exclusive private school for kicking him out shortly before graduation for smoking pot on the school grounds during the school day. His argument, "We paid so much tuition over the years, he deserves to graduate," regardless of breaking a clearly spelled out rule with prescribed punishment. Sadly the school caved, giving the son his diploma, but it banned him from the ceremony.

Last edited:

BrianW

Country Gent
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver Island
View attachment 190404

Sadly, Mrs MT says it's not far from the truth. In my childhood, parents took the word of other adults over kids, even their own. The worst thing you could hear was, "I'm going to talk to your parents." Now that's not a threat. I had a patient who sued his son's exclusive private school for kicking him out shortly before graduation for smoking pot on the school grounds during the school day. His argument, "We paid so much tuition over the years, he deserves to graduate," regardless of breaking a clearly spelled out rule with prescribed punishment. Sadly the school caved, giving the son his diploma, but it banned him from the ceremony.
All too true in too many cases. "Rules don't apply to me or mine".

cheers

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
All too true in too many cases. "Rules don't apply to me or mine".

cheers

This might just be a good remedy:

1663710654454.png

1663710817701.png