Jim Dandy and Gin Rickey - the bomb!

JohnD

Apr 12, 2022
USA
Hey…been reading some post here about both these. I’d have to say they are the most surprisingly fun - and blast to play. Especially if you add some modification. I did add the Deltoluxe for both Jim dandy’s, and upgraded the tuners, and the fancy tail pieces. They have been one of my favorite finds in 45 years of playing. They sound average unplugged but add some nice gear and plug it in…that’s the fun! - john, MI.
Go buy one! REALLY 68BCABB3-8304-4135-A86D-ACF56EC030CD.jpeg 9839AA02-BB75-438C-BDD2-BA78F6774278.jpeg

rockymtnguitar

Gretschie
Jan 22, 2019
Colorado
Very cool! I have a JD and enjoy it a lot. I have it hanging in the living room - easy to grab.

What tuners did you install and were they a direct drop-in? And where did you find those tailpieces? Was the installation difficult?

Sacco Belmonte

Electromatic
May 1, 2016
Austria
I like my Jim Dandy but to be honest I barely play it. The neck is VERY uncomfortable on the upper side.

As a rhythm guitar is good. Lacks bass though. This guitar is for a very specific tone and intention.

Andrew Griffin

Synchromatic
Oct 22, 2015
Hey…been reading some post here about both these. I’d have to say they are the most surprisingly fun - and blast to play. Especially if you add some modification. I did add the Deltoluxe for both Jim dandy’s, and upgraded the tuners, and the fancy tail pieces. They have been one of my favorite finds in 45 years of playing. They sound average unplugged but add some nice gear and plug it in…that’s the fun! - john, MI.
Go buy one! REALLY View attachment 179007 View attachment 179008
Very fun. I'm curious about the replacement tuners. Did you find some easy drop ins or was there drilling?

Badscrew

Electromatic
Jul 16, 2022
Europe
I find the tuners allright on mine. A bit stiff but stable enough. If the strings can be tuned to the right pitch (and they can) then it's allright with me, event if it's not "silky smooth", "buttery" or whatever sensual words there are for that.