I'm new to gretsch and ordered a white falcon

Ohthis

Electromatic
Jun 29, 2022
Netherlands
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I'm from the Netherlands, 39-years-old and I've always been playing telecasters. Today I ordered a Gretsch white falcon. I'd love to hear some opinions on them from the people here.

I love playing fingerstyle guitar on electric- and acoustic guitars.

tolm

Gretschie
Jan 25, 2016
UK
I’m new to Gretsch and just ordered a White Falcon

Yeh, you did!! Way to start off!!

I have a Richard Fortus signature White Falcon (thinner, double-cut, less bling) and absolutely love it. And I hear nothing but good things about the “full fat” variants so fingers crossed you’ll love it.

Pics when it arrives - of course!

Glaw

Gretschie
Aug 30, 2017
ca.
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I'm from the Netherlands, 39-years-old and I've always been playing telecasters. Today I ordered a Gretsch white falcon. I'd love to hear some opinions on them from the people here.

Well this is a Gretsch forum and you just purchased the top of the line Gretsch so my opinion is you couldn’t do any better. Congrats, can’t wait to see it.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo

You chose the cadillac of all Gretsch Guitars! Welcome!

If my shiba stock soars in the next rally I may have to call Steven Stern to build me a 24.6 scale version of Darrely Higham's custom orange falcon. This one slays me!

Darrels orange falcon.jpg

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada

Ot,

Welcome!!

Great Start!!

BIB.

Ohthis

Electromatic
Jun 29, 2022
Netherlands
If you like big hollowbodies, YOU'LL LOVE IT!
I love my White Falcon.
Which one you get? I have a G7593 before the Billy Duffy Sig replaced it.

Hi thank you for your reply! (that goes for all of you :) )

I'll start a topic soon in another section of the forum, when I know where to post it. I've tested the Japanese version of the vintage select '55 white falcon and a Custom Shop White Falcon materbuilt by Mr. Stern. I've read plenty of posts about how the Custom Shop models are a few percent better than the Japanese line, but I have to say that the difference was huge. Maybe that's not always the case, I just don't know, but I've tried 2 vintage select 55's along with the custom shop. That all as an A-B comparison.

To answer your question: I bought the Gretsch Custom Shop G6136T-54 White Falcon Closet Classic

I fell in love completely. Never wanted to spend that amount of money on a guitar. Never thought I would. Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 18.17.25.png

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
Good for you. I play a variety of finger styles on electric and acoustic and truth be told, it works better for me on my 6118T Anniversary than on any of my other guitars. The challenge playing finger style on an electric comes from the differences in timbre between the wound and unwound strings and between strings plucked by the long fingers and picked by the thumb. A wound G string evens things out a bit making playing more manageable. I use D’Addario EXL110W nickel wrap strings with a wound G.

Welcome and enjoy your new guitar. There’s nothing like starting out with the best.

Ohthis

Electromatic
Jun 29, 2022
Netherlands
Almost akin to: “I just got my drivers license and bought a Rolls Royce.”
Enjoy the guitar.
lol, yeah well... I've been a guitar player for a long time, so it's more like always driving a Toyota and all of a sudden buying a Rolls Royce with all the custom options. Kidding aside, I'm very familiar with custom shop Fender guitars.