If you could only have one Gretsch guitar model...

GretschAddict

Electromatic
Apr 17, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
None, none, none ! I wouldn't part with none of mine. ! :(

Why ?

1 - All are Lefties . This reduce the probability of interest to a mere 20% at best.
2 - Nobody wants a Lefty guitar otherwise than a Strat, a Tele, a Les paul, and in Red, White, Black or Sunburst.
3 - Nearly all my guitars are cheap, one-of-a kind oddities, with no intrinsic value.

I wouldn't make money to sell them, and I do not see other reason than say give them to my childs, which, by the way, are not interested or are RH players ! :rolleyes:

The value is in the eye of the owner... ;)
I SO agree with you. We have over 200 guitars, and just a single lefty, autographed from a fav psychobilly band. Our collection is not comprised of expensive rarities. They're guitars that get played, and each made our heart go thump when we first discovered it in a music store or other random scenario like winning high bid at a charity event.

Attachments

• 20220704_142658.jpg
    20220704_142658.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 18

otisblove

Gretschie
May 11, 2020
Chicago, Illinois USA
I SO agree with you. We have over 200 guitars, and just a single lefty, autographed from a fav psychobilly band. Our collection is not comprised of expensive rarities. They're guitars that get played, and each made our heart go thump when we first discovered it in a music store or other random scenario like winning high bid at a charity event.
Who’s WE? You got a Gretsch in your pocket?

CCRyder

Nov 15, 2013
Las Cruces, NM
Which one would you choose? Doesn't have to be one you own. Sure, you could cheat and say an old one that's worth the most money, but I'm curious which models will get the most love around here.

I've been to 4 Guitar Centers, 1 Sam Ash and Sweetwater in the last two weeks trying out every Gretsch I could get my hands on. So far, my favorite was a G6122T-59GE Vintage Select Country Gentleman. If I had to pick one today, that's the one.

I also liked a couple of Electromatic solid bodies. The G5220 and G5237. I wouldn't kick a Jet Club out of bed either.

I've had a G6122T-59 for seventeen years now, and it's by far my favorite of the several Gretsch guitars I own. You can't go wrong with this one. Be sure to keep it clean for it to retain its beauty.

Latest posts