I packed a pick today..

Desirsar

Gretschie
Jun 9, 2021
Lincoln, NE
Some in the wallet, some in the gig bag or case, some in the backpack of extra cables and other gear that seem to come up during open mics. Doesn't everyone always carry some?

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Some in the wallet, some in the gig bag or case, some in the backpack of extra cables and other gear that seem to come up during open mics. Doesn't everyone always carry some?
Nope, if I'm going to try guitars I'll have a keychain pouch with a BC or three in it, otherwise, I finger pick. Generally, I just pluck some strings while a guitar is hanging if it doesn't catch my interest at that point I won't take it down. There is a resonance and a balance between strings, I think, that catches my ear.

Mandolin is different. I absolutely have a pick but around here that isn't an issue. No one carries anything other than run-of-the-mill Mandolins if they have one at all.

Pops

Gretschie
May 23, 2022
SC Midlands

My oldest son has carried one on his person for as long as I can recall. But he can really play the guitar. I'm still a poser!