I Have a Gig

Jim Krause

Electromatic
May 2, 2022
Lawrence, Kansas
I haven't played out much at all since the end of 2019. So I'm excited about a gig I have this afternoon, and again this coming Monday. It's at the annual Busker Festival in downtown Lawrence, KS. Busker Fest is a really neat, funky little showcase of all kinds of street entertainment. My set is from 3:00-4:00 both days. And yes, today I'll be bringing along my Gretsch.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Congratulations Jim , best to ya . Wish I lived in Lawrence I'd come to the show so instead I'll resort to one of the original un-written rules here on Gretsch-Talk ...........
" pics or it didn't happen " . Have fun :)

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
I am happy for you.

Our first rehearsal since 2 and a half years was planned for wednesday last week.
We had to cancel iit because our drummer go ill with corona.....

Jim Krause

Electromatic
May 2, 2022
Lawrence, Kansas
Friday went pretty well, even though not as planned. After being notified at the last minute there would be no electricity, I chose to bring fiddle and banjo and just do an acoustic set. I ended up jamming with a couple of guys, one of whom is the Exec. Dir. of the school where I teach. I never did open up the banjo case, but played fiddle instead. Made minimum wage ($15.00/hr.) It's all good.

gtttrrr

Country Gent
Dec 7, 2011
United States
Great downtown area, great brews and grub to be found, and always good buskers on the street in Lawrence, glad to hear of the festival, have to make that sometime. Need to plan a “work trip” around the next one. 😏😏😏😏😏