I can’t stand……..

mrfixitmi

Country Gent
Mar 20, 2010
Michigan
This is chef dependent. I too was a cooked carrot hater until I figured out how to make them awesome. My family begs me to cook my carrots or my broccoli or my asparagus when we have get togethers.
I hated any vegetable that my Mother cooked, she used the canned stuff, and boiled them into a mush like spackling compound. The carrots seemed to emit this burnt electrical smell, which made me check to make sure my amp was not on fire. Raw carrots, cucumbers, celery were wonderful, we cook our veggies on the grill, and even brussel sprouts are acceptable. My Mother in law was a wonderful cook that could make anything taste great, fortunately my Wife picked up her cooking skills.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Before becoming a parent myself I felt the same way about children in public, even in places where their behavior was appropriate. After becoming a parent, a kid can be throwing a loud tantrum at the next table, and so long as the kid isn't mine, I couldn't care less. When other people's kids are running around rudely or inappropriately (as in a museum, etc) I get angry with their parents/caregivers rather than with the kids themselves. It's sort of like the adage, "There are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners."
Yep and then you see a 2 year old being pushed around drinking coke and eating a bag of cheetohs while watching an iPad and it makes me want to cry.

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
Yep and then you see a 2 year old being pushed around drinking coke and eating a bag of cheetohs while watching an iPad and it makes me want to cry.
Back in the 90s, one of the drug companies, in order to prolong their patent for a type 2 diabetes (aka Adult Onset Diabetes) drug, sought approval to use it in teenagers. The universal reaction (even from other drug companies) was scorn, as "Teenagers don't get type 2 diabetes." Sadly 25 years later, it's becoming more common as we've seen obesity rise in children faster than it's gone up in adults. Long term that's very bad, as weight doesn't usually go down as you age. We're seeing teenagers needing gastric bypass!

Craig Encinitas

Gretschie
May 3, 2021
Encinitas, Ca
Stratocasters (lets get straight into it).
Call it a preference or Strat snobbish:

I like my fretboards well oiled with gleaming medium-jumbo frets on dark rosewood. 🌹 🎸 💫

Random gripe:

Heavier gauge strings don’t make a difference in tone.

Why does my axe sound like crap with 12-56’s then? 😡

Last edited:

RagnarHairybreeks

Electromatic
Aug 1, 2022
Gloucester England
Dragging this back to vegetables the cardinal rule is don’t overcook. I can’t think of a vegetable that doesn’t want to hold onto a little bite.

For sprouts trim them harshly (but keep the shed leaves). Toss them in olive oil, finely diced garlic, salt and pepper and a little bit of oregano. For the adventurous a pinch of cumin and a scrape of nutmeg too.

Then roast them in a tray (broil for my American cousins). Absolutely delicious. The shed leaves turn into little flavour bomb crisps (chips).

Those, with lamb chops, are one of my wow dishes.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Marmite goes better with room temperature beer than Vegemite .....:p
Ick, idk, and ick---and I can deal with cellar temp beer.
Any Star Wars stuff made after 1983
Any Star Trek made after 2004
90% of all Superhero movies
Any Star Wars after 1980. 99% of superhero movies.
Cooked carrots are fine. Crooked carrots freak me out.

View attachment 186617
You could have PD.
But brussel sprouts!?
Now those things are direct spawns of Satan!!!
Yuck. 🤮
Foul little cabbages. I chocolate coat them and give 'em out on Halloween.
I also have grown to dislike stratocasters.Every amp or effect I've ever been interested in will inevitably have a damn stratocaster as the test guitar.
Not a Strat fan, either. Oddly, you rarely find a Tele in a pawnshop, but they always have multiple Strats. Gotta wonder why.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
I cant stand les pauls but I juice carrots every day w my omega slow masticating juicer (plus half a lemon)

E1F7EE86-5018-4A76-AEFF-E76BE0D96403_large.jpeg

BohemianLikeMe

Synchromatic
Apr 18, 2020
Prague, CZ
Dragging this back to vegetables the cardinal rule is don’t overcook. I can’t think of a vegetable that doesn’t want to hold onto a little bite.

For sprouts trim them harshly (but keep the shed leaves). Toss them in olive oil, finely diced garlic, salt and pepper and a little bit of oregano. For the adventurous a pinch of cumin and a scrape of nutmeg too.

Then roast them in a tray (broil for my American cousins). Absolutely delicious. The shed leaves turn into little flavour bomb crisps (chips).

Those, with lamb chops, are one of my wow dishes.
I always like to add a bit of orange juice to that marinade which caramelizes in the broiler.