How Do I Find Out The # Of Limited Edition Gretsch Guitars Made?

LesB3

Gretschie
Aug 17, 2021
Philadelphia, PA
You might get lucky putting the request through again -maybe youll get a different / more helpful CSR this time. I know that asking a different person the same question has usually worked for me in the past.

bluenote23

Country Gent
Oct 17, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Gretsch told me that 100 metallic copper 2 tone Falcons were made.
I remember several years ago when Fender raised their FSR minimum from 25 to 300. So that's a decently low number.

Really, though, it depends on who and how many want the guitar. For instance, according to a European Gretsch rep (so we have to take this with a few grains of salt) only 50 of my preFMIC Red Sparkle G6129TR were made. But that was because no one wanted them and they didn't sell, so the number doesn't really mean much to its value.

I have a Telebration Old Growth. Fender made 1000 of these but these sell at a premium.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I remember several years ago when Fender raised their FSR minimum from 25 to 300. So that's a decently low number.

Really, though, it depends on who and how many want the guitar. For instance, according to a European Gretsch rep (so we have to take this with a few grains of salt) only 50 of my preFMIC Red Sparkle G6129TR were made. But that was because no one wanted them and they didn't sell, so the number doesn't really mean much to its value.

I have a Telebration Old Growth. Fender made 1000 of these but these sell at a premium.
Wow, I thought those red sparkles were great!!

aloner

Electromatic
Aug 24, 2021
Australia
from the way they described them, they were produced as regular catalog products for a year-ish (hence the limited) rather than being a limited edition of a certain number. There's probably a better way of describing this than "limited edition"

Latest posts