Help one more time PRS?? Maybe??

nickurso

Gretschified
Dec 24, 2012
New Orleans la.
I can’t find anything about this guitar. It looks wrong to me but I’m not and expert on PRS guitars so I’m hoping for a little help for more knowledgeable people than myself

Attachments

• F9BFDA00-E9A1-4207-BEF4-32C1F6C9053E.jpeg
    F9BFDA00-E9A1-4207-BEF4-32C1F6C9053E.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 08630857-A018-4139-8591-E7C61341371F.jpeg
    08630857-A018-4139-8591-E7C61341371F.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 38

nickurso

Gretschified
Dec 24, 2012
New Orleans la.
If you're looking for a PRS....run! I mean, most guys who fake guitars at least try to make it look like the real thing.... 🤣
I’m not buying this guitar. I have friend who’s father died this is in his collection and they are trying to sell the collection and have no idea what it’s worth. Unfortunately it looks like he bought a lot of knock off guitars.
As for my question I’m assuming you are saying this is a fake? Can you point out specifics so I can relay it to them?

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I have never seen a PRS that actually said “PRS” on the headstock… It’s usually Paul Reed Smith in signature style script unless it’s the SE series, than it says “SE”.

AZBrahma

Synchromatic
Dec 18, 2020
Arizona
Wrong headstock, wrong logo, wrong body shape and size, wrong inlays (none at the 24th), wrong control layout...honestly, wrong everything. I hope it helps; I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad.

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Nick, I'll start by saying that I don't know how old the guitar might be, and my knowledge of the early days of PRS guitars is limited. I agree with what AZBrahma wrote, and I would add that the cutout on the horns look symmetrical on your picture, while I have never known PRS guitars to have symmetrical cutouts. The lower horn should have an addition scoop to the front of the cutout that is not there on the upper horn.

I can't see this as anything but a knock-off.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
I have friend who’s father died
Sorry for your friend Nick . It's a hard thing to do , helping out like this . Always wanting to go 100% for a friend . I had same situation years ago with a woman who's husband died from 9/11 cancer . Your a good man and stay strong for your friend brother ( along with my handshake )

Runamok

Country Gent
I’m not buying this guitar. I have friend who’s father died this is in his collection and they are trying to sell the collection and have no idea what it’s worth. Unfortunately it looks like he bought a lot of knock off guitars.
As for my question I’m assuming you are saying this is a fake? Can you point out specifics so I can relay it to them?
Send photo to PRS customer support?
That might be worth the reply. Just in case.

The headstock alone is ugly.

nickurso

Gretschified
Dec 24, 2012
New Orleans la.
Sorry for your friend Nick . It's a hard thing to do , helping out like this . Always wanting to go 100% for a friend . I had same situation years ago with a woman who's husband died from 9/11 cancer . Your a good man and stay strong for your friend brother ( along with my handshake )
Yeah she’s actually doing ok. She also inherited two houses. She’s just literally cleaning house now

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma

GlenP

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2019
WA
You already have a good answer here, just another minor detail to point out, on a current production 24 fret PRS the neck joins at the body closer to the 23rd fret on the high E side for easy access to the 24th fret, for example: