Hello from NYC!

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
As you can see in my Avatar I'm In Tappan . Bronx born but raised in Orangeburg . TZ graduate , '77. We could sit and talk and probably know the same people I'm sure . I work at O&R full time with retirement on the horizon
Welcome again neighbor
@amaroko I have to put myself in the mix as I grew up 1 town over from thunder58 in Old Tappan, NJ and it was great being greeted here by the "Tappan Typhoon"(thunder58).....he made me feel right at home. We know a few of the same people including my barbers at my barbershop for many years in Tappan.

My friends and I went out once in a while in Nyack and a family favorite restaurant was Cornetta's in Piermont. Then happily did my tour of duty in the Bronx at Fordham..... I still go to Arthur Ave. a few times per year.

Upper Manhattan? My memory immediately goes to so many great shows and years at Manny's Car Wash on 87th & 3rd Ave. Saw Hubert Sumlin, Junior Wells, Little Mike and The Tornados, Popa Chubby, Albert Collins and many more.

Welcome to G-T with a bunch of really great people.... Ain't guitars great?!?!:D

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
including my barbers at my barbershop for many years in Tappan.
Of course , Mario and Lou are both retired in Florida ( damn storm ) hope there ok . They still have there houses in Tappan . I actually saw Mario last year and there both well .
Cornetta's in Piermont.
Anita is also in Florida ( damn storm ) and her family still owns the business . Where friends on FB

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
Your wish is my command @radd ! I don't have a lot of pics handy and my apartment is a bit too "chaotic" at the moment to take a clean one, but here it is in its natural environment. Cable management clearly isn't really my thing.

View attachment 190904
@radd ... but I did notice his avatar photo . Nice set up @amaroko . Love a Rose too .....someday

Chet Harrison

Gretschie
Apr 27, 2020
USA
Glad to have you here. I lived in Brooklyn for a long time. Actually not far from the old Gretsch building, which is now luxury condos!

For a short time I also worked in Tribeca next door to what was once the original C.F. Martin workshop on Hudson St. (the actual building was long gone).

Last edited:

Lou Coppolino

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
Glad to have you here. I lived in Brooklyn for a long time. Actually not far from the old Gretsch building, which is now luxury condos!

For a short time I also worked in Tribeca next door to what was once the original C.F. Martin workshop on Hudson St. (the actual building was long gone).

You must know of Southside Guitars & Main Drag Guitars.

Both are in Brooklyn, NY.

Chet Harrison

Gretschie
Apr 27, 2020
USA
You must know of Southside Guitars & Main Drag Guitars.

Both are in Brooklyn, NY.

Never been to Southside, but I have been to Main Drag. They repaired an amp for me once.

Oddly enough, my sister lives basically across the street from Retrofret, but I’ve never been there either!

Latest posts