Hello from NYC!

amaroko

Electromatic
Sep 28, 2022
NYC
Greetings all! I have used this forum as a resource for a while but figured it was time to join. Have been happily playing my Tennessee Rose (6119 from the mid 90s, picked it up used in the late 90s if I recall). Used to run it with my 71 Pro Reverb but that thing is such a bear to drag around (and as old - and almost as cranky - as me!) that the past few years (since COVID give or take) have been using a little AC10 (recent) that a friend of mine gave me (or this weird old 1960s Guild copy of a Reverberocket). Looking forward to contributing (or more likely lurking around for another few years).

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Welcome to Gretsch-Talk, amaroko!

The Tennessee Rose is a great guitar. I may be a little prejudiced, because I have one too.
The Vox AC10 amp is a great pairing, too, but then I might be a little prejudiced because I have one of those, too. :)

amaroko

Electromatic
Sep 28, 2022
NYC
Welcome to Gretsch-Talk, amaroko!

The Tennessee Rose is a great guitar. I may be a little prejudiced, because I have one too.
The Vox AC10 amp is a great pairing, too, but then I might be a little prejudiced because I have one of those, too. :)
A little prejudice when it comes to guitars and amps is OK I think! I actually have a complicated relationship with the AC10, some days it sounds absolutely great to me (particularly on gigs), then other days my ears just don't enjoy it quite as much. Chances are it is more of a problem with my ears than my amp!

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
I actually have a complicated relationship with the AC10, some days it sounds absolutely great to me (particularly on gigs), then other days my ears just don't enjoy it quite as much. Chances are it is more of a problem with my ears than my amp!

I totally get that. I am fortunate that I already had a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I go with the Fender when my ears go on strike over the AC10.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
Absolutely a distinct possibility. Although with my memory I am already unsure if I had dinner yet or not.
As you can see in my Avatar I'm In Tappan . Bronx born but raised in Orangeburg . TZ graduate , '77. We could sit and talk and probably know the same people I'm sure . I work at O&R full time with retirement on the horizon
Welcome again neighbor

amaroko

Electromatic
Sep 28, 2022
NYC
As you can see in my Avatar I'm In Tappan . Bronx born but raised in Orangeburg . TZ graduate , '77. We could sit and talk and probably know the same people I'm sure .
Welcome again neighbor
I am sure there is a lot of overlap there for sure. I was in Nyack from around 2003 - 2016 (upper Manhattan before and after, with a a bunch of time spent working in the Bronx).

amaroko

Electromatic
Sep 28, 2022
NYC
I totally get that. I am fortunate that I already had a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I go with the Fender when my ears go on strike over the AC10.
I was actually eyeing those new Fender Pros (the 1x12 with the neo speaker and whatnot), but it is a little pricey for me at the moment so I will keep the AC10 as my easy gigging amp and the old Pro (2x12 that weighs a ton) as my safety blanket for my unionized ears.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
I am sure there is a lot of overlap there for sure. I was in Nyack from around 2003 - 2016 (upper Manhattan before and after, with a a bunch of time spent working in the Bronx).
Frightening .... maybe we're related 🤣 Just a little exciting . It's just not everyday we get a new member from just a few miles away . Glad you're here , it's a great forum with great members from around the globe

radd

Friend of Fred
Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
Frightening .... maybe we're related 🤣 Just a little exciting . It's just not everyday we get a new member from just a few miles away . Glad you're here , it's a great forum with great members from around the globe

Ya did everything except……..Remind your new best friend that we live for pictures, especially ones of a Tennessee Rose…Yur slack’n Thunder.

amaroko

Electromatic
Sep 28, 2022
NYC
Your wish is my command @radd ! I don't have a lot of pics handy and my apartment is a bit too "chaotic" at the moment to take a clean one, but here it is in its natural environment. Cable management clearly isn't really my thing.

PJ_Gretsch_AC10.jpg

Latest posts