Hello from Colorado

Solid Sender

Electromatic
May 26, 2022
Colorado
Welcome aboard SS!

That 64 is clean! :cool:

I have a 65/66 myself,first Gretsch i ever bought, 34 years ago.
Thanks!
It is indeed a clean specimen... she's got a loving home. Although unfortunately, the neck pickup sounds like it's starting a microphonic thing that will need to be addressed soon.

Solid Sender

Electromatic
May 26, 2022
Colorado
Hi. How's it goin'?
Welcome to the asylum.
You'll find a lot of Tele love around here, too.
Howdy, stuff's going great! The weather looks great and I have the next 4 days off. I'm gonna play my 6120 and do some fishing, BBQ, play a couple shows... good times.
Glad to be here!

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Howdy, stuff's going great! The weather looks great and I have the next 4 days off. I'm gonna play my 6120 and do some fishing, BBQ, play a couple shows... good times.
Glad to be here!
We've got a tornado warning right now---probably just going to skirt us. Looking forward to a nice weekend ending with the Big Race.
Everyone's got to be somewhere, and this is a great place to be.

rockymtnguitar

Gretschie
Jan 22, 2019
Colorado
Thanks, we're neighbors. I'm in the Springs, too. Actually, between there and Placitas, NM at the moment...
Excellent! Well maybe we'll bump into each other at Music Central or some jam somewhere. There's a beginner bluegrass jam at Pikes Perk two Saturdays a month, a biweekly jam led by guitar instructor Phil Westfall on alternating Thursdays, and the Pikes Peak Blues Community summer shows. Good stuff. I am in a little weekly jam group with three other friends but we really don't play out any.

Anyway, welcome!

Solid Sender

Electromatic
May 26, 2022
Colorado
Excellent! Well maybe we'll bump into each other at Music Central or some jam somewhere. There's a beginner bluegrass jam at Pikes Perk two Saturdays a month, a biweekly jam led by guitar instructor Phil Westfall on alternating Thursdays, and the Pikes Peak Blues Community summer shows. Good stuff. I am in a little weekly jam group with three other friends but we really don't play out any.

Anyway, welcome!
Thanks. I’ll have to check out music central and the bluegrass jam… not familiar with either.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Hope the weather avoided you.
Barely missed us. Lots of rain, tho.
I was stationed in Denver 50+ years ago. After dealing with lake effect snow off of Lake Michigan, Denver winters were amazing. No humidity and powdery snow made life easy.
The humidity is the worst part of weather here. Keeps everything green, tho.

Solid Sender

Electromatic
May 26, 2022
Colorado
Barely missed us. Lots of rain, tho.
I was stationed in Denver 50+ years ago. After dealing with lake effect snow off of Lake Michigan, Denver winters were amazing. No humidity and powdery snow made life easy.
The humidity is the worst part of weather here. Keeps everything green, tho.
Being from Georgia originally, I know all about humid summers. Don’t particularly miss them. I love summertime in Colorado and New Mexico. Perfect in my book.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Being from Georgia originally, I know all about humid summers. Don’t particularly miss them. I love summertime in Colorado and New Mexico. Perfect in my book.
For my purposes, Denver’s climate is just about perfect. I’ve lived in Minnesota in Arizona. In both of those places, there are harsh forms of weather which can easily kill you. In Colorado, there’s a lot of weather, but truly harsh weather is rare. What I loved was that you could get snow, and three days later, it was completely gone.

Solid Sender

Electromatic
May 26, 2022
Colorado
For my purposes, Denver’s climate is just about perfect. I’ve lived in Minnesota in Arizona. In both of those places, there are harsh forms of weather which can easily kill you. In Colorado, there’s a lot of weather, but truly harsh weather is rare. What I loved was that you could get snow, and three days later, it was completely gone.
We’ve had some tremendous hail storms in the past few years. There are many golf-balled cars about town. We needed our newish roof replaced 6 years ago from hail. Also had to get some dents out of my wife’s car two years back. What’s more, the wind this past year has been horrific. This limb is from last weekend as a result of a wind-weakened giant ash tree in our backyard. The backyard belongs to a neighbor, which is a real drag.
1653693814739.jpeg

I have that tree maintained annually, but due to all the gusts this year, some wet snow last Friday night did a ton of damage not just to my yard, but throughout the hood. I’m hoping this gnarly weather is only a cycle and straightens out soon.