Hello from Colorado

Solid Sender

Electromatic
May 26, 2022
Colorado
I have a couple of Gretsch guitars, so this site seems like a logical place to hang out. I've always been a Tele guy, but recently I've been playing my 6120 more often than not. I play out here and there and do some recording as well. I'm not in a band, but do sit in and play with other combos once or twice per month. Rockabilly, old rock n roll, country, southern rock are my favorites.
The 2 Gretch guitars I have are a '64 6120 and a newer G6620t, which I may put up for sale, as it just doesn't see as much action as the older guitar... I like playing thru my '63 Deluxe and 5G9 clone--both have amazing wiggle. And I have a bunch of Teles and a Strat for good measure.

Anyway, there's a bit about me. I'll be seeing y'all around; it's past my bedtime.

Solid Sender

Electromatic
May 26, 2022
Colorado
Nice collection.

That 64 6120 looks in great shape. I can understand why, nice as it is, you don't play your 6620 as much.
Thanks. The 6120 is certainly in great shape. I picked up the 6620 on more of an impulse than anything--I thought the finish looked amazing, so I went for it. It's a great guitar and plays / sounds very nice, but nothing like my 6120. I suppose once you bang on the old Filters, you're forever spoiled.
I had planned to make a swap to the Super-Classic + combo, but I think the stock Filters sound really good... still, nothing like the originals. It's looking like the 6620 will be up for sale in the future.

Latest posts