Guitar World : Gretsch expands its range of Electromatic Double Jets with new Bigsby and V-Stoptail-equipped models

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I'm imagining things...never mind

Actually the day I've been dreading happened about a month ago. I looked at a double-Jet and it sorta looked okay for a second.🫣
Is it the double cut you don’t like? I actually thought the double cut looked to trim at one time but the look grew on me over the years. Those colors are great but I would rather they had the elevated neck and a proper Bigsby. I know I’m a broken record.

blueruins

Country Gent
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
Is it the double cut you don’t like? I actually thought the double cut looked to trim at one time but the look grew on me over the years. Those colors are great but I would rather they had the elevated neck and a proper Bigsby. I know I’m a broken record.
Yes…the double-cut does not appeal. It looks like it wants a fight and I’m a lover.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Yes…the double-cut does not appeal. It looks like it wants a fight and I’m a lover.
Interesting start to a new thread perhaps. I am more of a fighter and way less of a lover. It’s a good thing my wife puts up with me because I don’t really seek out women, but a good fight! Yep there was a time I had at least 12 a week. Legally.

But there is the interesting part. Do people of a certain personality gravitate to a particular guitar? Love Strats and my DC Penguin even the body style of Minarick Lotus Studio no real desire for a tele although I threatened to build a body this week restriction kind of ruined that goal and my desire for a tele isn’t great. But a Penguin is. But still the psychology or how we pick hear intrigues me a bit.

Lindo

Electromatic
Mar 10, 2019
Derbyshire
It's a shame you have to have either a Bigsby, or Broadtrons; my preference is for Filtertrons and a hardtail. Only found this combination on the Chicago Music special editions in shell pink or daphne blue.

Latest posts