Gretsch Pages down?

larryr

Synchromatic
Mar 6, 2012
Camarillo, Ca.
Please, someone more in the know then myself, correct any inaccuracies that I may present here.
Back when, there was TDP, which morphed into TDPRI. Then, Paul Greene monetized TDPRI and branched out to the Talk franchises, Gretsch/Strat etc. All of the talk websites are now owned by???? a corporation? Perhaps it would be in their interest to see about purchasing all of the data info that was housed at GDP to preserve all the years of info that was housed there. Just some out loud thinking here today. Thoughts?

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
Please, someone more in the know then myself, correct any inaccuracies that I may present here.
Back when, there was TDP, which morphed into TDPRI. Then, Paul Greene monetized TDPRI and branched out to the Talk franchises, Gretsch/Strat etc. All of the talk websites are now owned by???? a corporation? Perhaps it would be in their interest to see about purchasing all of the data info that was housed at GDP to preserve all the years of info that was housed there. Just some out loud thinking here today. Thoughts?

There is a group of people working on the GDP, it will return at a some point. All these talk forums are monetized for profit by a corporation, thats why they still exist. The GDP was a labor of love.

shanekislack

Electromatic
Apr 2, 2022
Dallas, TX
Man, I don't know why but the TGP seemed so much more appealing upon first look than this site...which I'm sure is really just as great. I think I have a romanticized connection with TGP. It was one of the first online forums I ever joined (back around 97) and I met so many great people there...many of which I'm still friends with on FB and in real life.

Metroshane/ShaneKislack

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
Man, I don't know why but the TGP seemed so much more appealing upon first look than this site...which I'm sure is really just as great. I think I have a romanticized connection with TGP. It was one of the first online forums I ever joined (back around 97) and I met so many great people there...many of which I'm still friends with on FB and in real life.

Metroshane/ShaneKislack

TGP, GDP or TDP?

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
You know, every time this thread pops up in my New Posts feed, I'm hoping it's the "We're Back!" announcement. Bummer that it never is ... :(

Metroshane/ShaneKislack

TGP - The Gear Page? Oh, the stories I could tell about that place! A viper's nest, top to bottom.

I'm sure you mean GDP, which indeed was a good looking site, apparently planted on top of some very questionable software. I'd like to see its return, but I'm not holding my breath any more.

TDP - Telecaster Discussion Page? I'm not a member there. I only have one Tele. Just don't feel worthy! LoL!

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
I'd been active on the GDP for quite some time, and when it finally went down I had hopes it was just some kind of glitch, but after a few months it looked less like a temporary outage and more like the Packard Motor-Car Company.

So here I am, and thanks for having me aboard!
Welcome DavyH from a fellow GDP refugee.

The_Devils_Tool

Electromatic
Jul 4, 2022
Texas
There was another forum I frequented that blew up in a similar fashion. I think it took them almost two years to restore it, but they did (to my great surprise).

Data is data and you can usually work through how to get to it, but the GDP was MASSIVE so anything big takes a long time.

On that note, I ordered a Tru-Arc today, so Proteus lives. :)