Gretsch Pages down?

General_Lee

Gretschie
Apr 23, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
I was an administrator on a large motorcycle forum, 100,000 + members. We accepted the fact that threads created a life of their own and it actually added to the fun. Some folks hated that their threads were high jacked but most members did not care.
I think there is a natural rise and fall to most "legit" threads anyway. IOW, most any topic can become "threadbare" after a time, even if the topic really is a captivator. Also, there are often natural "breathers" found in a topic that, while seemingly unrelated to the task at hand, can actually keep the thread going until, like a fire that's found new fuel, the main topic rises up again to give us more insight into the OPs desired subject flow. I've seen it in my own threads, countless times. I.E. there's nothing to fear except nothing itself...

Last edited:

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
Yes, the Gretsch Pages are still down.

I don't make a big deal about TV and refuse to pay for cable. Living in a big city with an antenna is interesting, 50+ rerun channels and often there is nothing worth watching.

For probably 3+ years one channel has been showing all the Star Trek reruns in order, 5 days a week. The original at 6, TNG at 7, DS9 at 8, Voyager at 9 and Enterprise at 10. I think I've seen them all at least once.
One station just brought back "Our Miss Brooks" and Dobie Gillis in the early AM. Along with Superman, 50s TV plots were not very deep.

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
Yes, the Gretsch Pages are still down.

I don't make a big deal about TV and refuse to pay for cable. Living in a big city with an antenna is interesting, 50+ rerun channels and often there is nothing worth watching.

For probably 3+ years one channel has been showing all the Star Trek reruns in order, 5 days a week. The original at 6, TNG at 7, DS9 at 8, Voyager at 9 and Enterprise at 10. I think I've seen them all at least once.
One station just brought back "Our Miss Brooks" and Dobie Gillis in the early AM. Along with Superman, 50s TV plots were not very deep.

I loved Maynard G. Krebs

B6983B85-FDFA-413F-A42B-716E6BC9F73A.jpeg

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
I was an administrator on a large motorcycle forum, 100,000 + members. We accepted the fact that threads created a life of their own and it actually added to the fun. Some folks hated that their threads were high jacked but most members did not care.
For the most part, that’s how I see it. The only time I might intercept a hijacker’s thread is if the OP‘s purpose was not met. If someone is seeking information, then, IMHO, they should have their answer. Once that’s happened, if it spurs interesting discussion, I don’t see the harm.

Lacking Talent

Country Gent
Aug 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
hey so what kind of pick do you all use?

dr-evil-austin-powers.gif

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
Not long after I joining the GDP I remember finding a thread started by Tavo that was already over 60 pages deep. It had run for a couple of years off and on. It didn't take much of a push to get it going again and squeaking another 60 pages or so out of it.
The Good Grooming Thread?
Was just (and still remain) curious to know more about the going forward status of the GDP.
I am too. I'm keeping an eye out for any news from tartonphantom about how the induced coma is coming along, but in the meanwhile, might as well chat.

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Is it going forward? Seems it has been several months now.

Sure has, almost getting to be a distant memory.

I didn't participate much in the forums over there, choosing to do that here instead, but I'll tell ... that database - I sure do miss being able check up on all the Gretsch triva that thing held! Old models, production dates, which Bigsby goes where ... Literally dozens of times I've caught myself with "whoops! Can't do that anymore!"

It's a shame to lose all that info. I still hope they'll be successful, but I dunno ... beginning to have some doubts. We'll just have to wait and see.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I got one with speed holes and actually really like it.
Almost exclusively Blue Chip here. Varying shapes and thicknesses but I absolutely love them. The Nocturne Gravity picks are pretty good also but I haven’t found anything that compares to the BC yet. I actually don’t even look for alternatives anymore. I should just get rid of the small cache of others I have.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Almost exclusively Blue Chip here. Varying shapes and thicknesses but I absolutely love them. The Nocturne Gravity picks are pretty good also but I haven’t found anything that compares to the BC yet. I actually don’t even look for alternatives anymore. I should just get rid of the small cache of others I have.
Yep. I have the Jazz 100 and love it. I went back and also purchased one with the grip holes (speed holes from the Simpsons) and one with the speed edge.

The speed edge actually makes a big difference, but too much for me on electric. It is great for acoustic and bass, I think it is louder than the standard edge due to a larger flatter surface striking the strings.

I like the feel of the holes so that is my main one for electric guitar. I may get another with the beveled edge and holes for acoustic.

Here's the 3 of em. Speed edge on left.
20220527_184658.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts