Gretsch Pages down?

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
My parents never watched either, but I did catch a little "Hee Haw" at my grandparents' house when I was little.

Most of my Lawrence Welk viewing actually happened more recently. I don't remember exactly, but I'm going to say that for about a two year stretch, approximately ages three to four, my daughter found the "The Lawrence Welk Show" absolutely mesmerizing. And I didn't mind watching it with her one bit. With kitsch levels fluctuating between amusing and downright surreal, and the occasional flash of real musicianship, it's actually a pretty entertaining watch.

that beats the House of Mouse anyday :)

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Along with rock offerings by Ed Sullivan, there was Midnight Special, Where The Action Is, Don Kirschner's Rock Concert, (for the Brits) the Old Grey Whistle test, Hootenanny, American Bandstand and others---

---It wasn't a total wasteland. Still, my parents would never have watched any of those.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I remember some Roy and Dale show but I think they were reruns and I was very little. if Gene or Roy and Dale were in I did it miss it. Didn’t Dolly have a show at one time or were those just holiday specials? I seem to remember Glen Clampbell had a short lived show as well but my memory might be mixing up shows.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I remember some Roy and Dale show but I think they were reruns and I was very little. if Gene or Roy and Dale were in I did it miss it. Didn’t Dolly have a show at one time or were those just holiday specials? I seem to remember Glen Clampbell had a short lived show as well but my memory might be mixing up shows.
I remember a Dolly show, tho she might've been a regular on Porter Waggoner's show.
I'm pretty sure Glen Campbell had his own show, as did Johnny Cash. A lot of C&W players had shows of their own. Marty Stewart's is excellent.
Little Ricky Nelson started playing music on Ozzie & Harriet, their family show. Ozzie had been a big band leader in his earlier life.
I watched the Roy Rogers Show as a kid. He and Dale always finished up with "Happy Trails". Don't forget, Roy was in the Sons of the Pioneers, as was Ken Curtis who played Festus on Gunsmoke. Roy and Ken were both in some John Wayne movies, and Rick Nelsson was in one as well.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I remember a Dolly show, tho she might've been a regular on Porter Waggoner's show.
I'm pretty sure Glen Campbell had his own show, as did Johnny Cash. A lot of C&W players had shows of their own. Marty Stewart's is excellent.
Little Ricky Nelson started playing music on Ozzie & Harriet, their family show. Ozzie had been a big band leader in his earlier life.
I watched the Roy Rogers Show as a kid. He and Dale always finished up with "Happy Trails". Don't forget, Roy was in the Sons of the Pioneers, as was Ken Curtis who played Festus on Gunsmoke. Roy and Ken were both in some John Wayne movies, and Rick Nelsson was in one as well.
Rio Bravo just watched it and it is still one of my favorites! Love Roy’s shows but prefered Gene’s!

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Rio Bravo just watched it and it is still one of my favorites! Love Roy’s shows but prefered Gene’s!
The crazy thing about the Roy Roger show was the way they were in the "Old West" and carried six shooters and such but had electricity and a guy driving around in a Jeep. The dichotomy was surreal. Sky King was similar.

At least Cisco and Pancho and Zorro kept it real.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo

those were massively old re-runs c'mon Gen-X was watching re-runs of James Gardner in the rockford files, after school :) :)

therockfordfilestee_1024x.jpg

schwarzerHund

Electromatic
Jan 1, 2022
Isla de Encanta
I've been watching re-runs of the old "Emergency!" TV show lately...I can remember being a fan when I was a kid growing up in the 1970's...it's still entertaining! KMG-365, IV with D5W and ringers lactate...good times (never had the lunchbox- but I did have one for the old 'SWAT' TV show :cool:

s-l300.jpg

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
I've been watching re-runs of the old "Emergency!" TV show lately...I can remember being a fan when I was a kid growing up in the 1970's...it's still entertaining! KMG-365, IV with D5W and ringers lactate...good times (never had the lunchbox- but I did have one for the old 'SWAT' TV show :cool:

View attachment 181528

I had that lunchbox :) dont forget it was "10 cc's of ringers lactate" ...i was a latchkey kid living in rerun world by 7th grade

roadjunkie

Country Gent
Jul 4, 2008
Middletown,PA
Since we are tracking back to the the subject at hand. Anyone have any news about the Roundup? My operation is is finally set for July 15 so I don't think I'm going anywhere soon. Just like bear I'll be bound a wheelchair. It's extremely extensive.

General_Lee

Gretschie
Apr 23, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
To be fair, this level of thread drift is very much in the spirit of the GDP.
Not long after I joining the GDP I remember finding a thread started by Tavo that was already over 60 pages deep. It had run for a couple of years off and on. It didn't take much of a push to get it going again and squeaking another 60 pages or so out of it. The Pirates (and Bax's long-suffering impatience) finally did it in!;) Can't remember the name of the thread but it was a truly a classic of excessive rambling, quipping, one-upmanship teasing, profoundly absurd BSing, and general hilarity. It almost single handedly gave me insight into the inner mind of dozens of GDP alum. And was one of the main reasons I became an increasingly active member of that forum. Long live digression...

...and now, back to our regular-er-broadcast...

Last edited:

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
Not long after I joining the GDP I remember finding a thread started by Tavo that was already over 60 pages deep. It had run for a couple of years off and on. It didn't take much of a push to get it going again and squeaking another 60 pages or so out of it. The Pirates (and Bax's long-suffering impatience) finally did it in!;) Can't remember the name of the thread it was a classic of rambling, BS and general hilarity...

...and now, back to our regular-er-broadcast...

I was an administrator on a large motorcycle forum, 100,000 + members. We accepted the fact that threads created a life of their own and it actually added to the fun. Some folks hated that their threads were high jacked but most members did not care.