Gretsch get-togethers ever happen in Washington?

ThePluckedString

Electromatic
Apr 27, 2022
Centralia, WA
Hi All,

I couldn’t help noticing a lot of members from the PNW and specifically western WA, and including Portland. If there’s an event around here I’d love to meet some of you, hear your stories, learn some cool things, and play together. And just to be clear, I’m fully aware that something like that is work to organize, and being pretty crumby at that, I’m not volunteering. Just curious if there’s already a group. Thanks!

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
I believe The Gretsch Pages has organized a PNW roundup before, maybe multiple ones. Since that site is on indefinite hiatus, many of its members are active here now. Am I right about that GDPers?

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Hi All,

I couldn’t help noticing a lot of members from the PNW and specifically western WA, and including Portland. If there’s an event around here I’d love to meet some of you, hear your stories, learn some cool things, and play together. And just to be clear, I’m fully aware that something like that is work to organize, and being pretty crumby at that, I’m not volunteering. Just curious if there’s already a group. Thanks!
It's always a great time meeting friends here on the forum .
Just last week I was asked if I was going to put another Martin Luncheon together . We meet at the factory , take to tour , and " do lunch " afterwards .
Hold on tight gang , it's coming soon

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
I've seen references to a Northern California one, but never a PacNW one. I'd think I'd remember it if I did - I'd be very interested in attending! That is, if could put down my latte for long enough! LoL!

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Seattle is home to the former Experience Music Project, now the MoPOP. They have a pretty cool guitar exhibit:

and one of Bo Diddly's Gretsches in their collection:

(the museum was started by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen with his collection of Jimi Hendrix memorabilia and bits and pieces of what remained of some of his guitars.)

Last edited:

Latest posts