Wanted Gretsch 6120 black with dynasonics

Mikeyzee

Electromatic
May 6, 2020
Baltimore
Hey there everyone! As the title says I’m looking for a Black 6120 with dynasonics, either with the western motif or without. I know these are hard to come by but just throwing this out there. I would also be interested if someone happens to have the “Dark Eyes” 6120 used for sale but that seems unlikely.
Thanks!

Chmason85

Country Gent
May 1, 2018
Philadelphia
Have you considered the custom shop? I’m sure that’d be a far cheaper and more reasonable route than the original dark eyes lol!

Mikeyzee

Electromatic
May 6, 2020
Baltimore
Oh, there was a shop in Japan that did a special run of a replica Dark Eyes that’s way cheaper than the original and cheaper than going custom shop. There is also a shop in the UK now but I’m hoping there’s one in the states (seems unlikely but worth a shot)
Have you considered the custom shop? I’m sure that’d be a far cheaper and more reasonable route than the original dark eyes lol!,

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
Hey there everyone! As the title says I’m looking for a Black 6120 with dynasonics, either with the western motif or without. I know these are hard to come by but just throwing this out there. I would also be interested if someone happens to have the “Dark Eyes” 6120 used for sale but that seems unlikely.
Thanks!
you aren’t alone. those duane eddy 6120s have a few black specimens in existence, but it seems folks hang on to em…

cycler

Electromatic
Feb 11, 2022
There was a black BS model for sale last week at thegearpage.net. Don't know which pickups it has or if it is still there, though.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma

View attachment 190842 View attachment 190843
Wow. I am not a burst fan but I do like the faded color. Will keep in my library of custom ship ideas!

Mellowcat

Gretschie
Aug 22, 2013
Alexandria, VA
I feel like Gretsch could make a killing if they would make 6120s with dynasonics in any other color than orange. I don’t mind the filtertrons but I definitely prefer the dynas
They aren't black or 6120s, but there are 2 Country Clubs with dynas for sale locally. Atomic has a sunburst, and Action Music has a green one. The green one is almost as new. It's been there for a few years.

Mikeyzee

Electromatic
May 6, 2020
Baltimore
They aren't black or 6120s, but there are 2 Country Clubs with dynas for sale locally. Atomic has a sunburst, and Action Music has a green one. The green one is almost as new. It's been there for a few years.

That’s funny, I worked at action for a few years back in the 2010s. I’ll have to give them a call, the country club is a pretty cool guitar