Greetings from NY

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
Hi folks,
Just landed tonight. I’m a refugee from another forum but not ready to talk about that yet. My Gretsch is a 6118T Anniversary. I’ve had a love/hate relationship with it until I stopped trying to make it sound like something else and let it sing out in its own voice. Annie is in the rotation with other guitars which I’ll introduce at the appropriate time.

I’m a retired engineer. I play at home through a Mesa Boogie Express 5:25. I’m feeling a little gun ACA75633-79B2-487D-9700-68C33E6DBA2E.jpeg shy on forums so I’ll probably take things slow as I settle in.

Meet Annie.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Welcome my fellow New Yawka . Where ya from in this great State of ours ? I'm your neighbor in Rockland County . BTW - that's my favorite Gretsch you have there

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
Welcome my fellow New Yawka . Where ya from in this great State of ours ? I'm your neighbor in Rockland County . BTW - that's my favorite Gretsch you have there
Hi @thunder58 . I’m a Long Islander without the accent. I pronounce my r’s, don’t spit my t’s, and don’t drop the g from ing. Annie is my best girl after my wife and my dog. I don’t have a favorite guitar though. I like to love all of them.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Hi @thunder58 . I’m a Long Islander without the accent. I pronounce my r’s, don’t spit my t’s, and don’t drop the g from ing. Annie is my best girl after my wife and my dog. I don’t have a favorite guitar though. I like to love all of them.
Small world my friend . I have cousins from Lake Ronkonkoma and Massapequa . There all coming up to Tappan ( Rockland ) this weekend for my daughters graduation party ....UGH 🤣