Got an EQD Special Cranker

Pine Apple Slim

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2011
North Alabama
The demos sounded good, its only $99, and I have a pedal addiction. Those are my excuses. If you get one make up your own, lol.
Got an amp that you wanna turn up to 11 to hear what it sounds like when the speakers about to give up and you can pretend your NY wailing with Crazy Horse but dont want your ears to bleed? It will work for that.
Need an "always on" low gain "transparent" OD in front of your clean amp that puts you in a nice and very dynamic edge of breakup place? Works great for that too.
Anyhow I like it so far. I think it could become a favorite. Plays well with a FF in front too.

Pine Apple Slim

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2011
North Alabama
I think he meant Neil Young and his band Crazy Horse?

So do you like the Ge side or the Si side better?
Yea, Neil Young sorry for the confusion.
Both sides are good. I guess it depends on what you need at the moment. I've only used it with the SG so far. Best I can tell the Ge side is warmer but gets muddier lower down on the gain than the Si , the Si side is crispier and doesnt get as flabby at higher gains. Kinda like Fuzz Faces in that regard, but not really. Im pretty sure the amplifying transistor is Si, and the switch is the clipping diodes.

mrcoffee23

Gretschie
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia, USA
I just got one too--tried on my home rig, sure has a lot of sweep to the amount of crankage. Taking it to band room next time, see how it goes with usual pedal board. For $99 it's a bargain and super usable. The switch between silicon and germanium is amazing.