• Squirrel from the tree.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emergence

Synchromatic
May 25, 2022
New York
Who’s getting fat? Not me. I’m down to what I weighed in college. But there’s a critter eating so much I have to fill the bird feeder every day.
CDC427F8-E8DE-42B0-928E-1C9856F5DE51.jpeg
Look at him. A neighborhood squirrel has figured out how to hang from a branch and lift the lid of the feeder, climb inside, and gorge himself. Getting out is easier than getting in. He jumps and lifts the lid as he stands. I Han end the problem by hanging the feeder from a chain but is it really a problem or just another mouth to feed.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Who’s getting fat? Not me. I’m down to what I weighed in college. But there’s a critter eating so much I have to fill the bird feeder every day.
View attachment 187864
Look at him. A neighborhood squirrel has figured out how to hang from a branch and lift the lid of the feeder, climb inside, and gorge himself. Getting out is easier than getting in. He jumps and lifts the lid as he stands. I Han end the problem by hanging the feeder from a chain but is it really a problem or just another mouth to feed.
They can be very smart little critters sometimes!

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
I actually love squirrels, but I think their daring little antics get them in trouble. Wasn't there a commercial where they are playing chicken with cars? Seems a bit too real.
Yeah, the car crashed and they high-fived, ticked me off.
When I was in the first grade my teacher was in the hospital after hitting a telephone pole avoiding a squirrel. My Dad looked at me and said, "Hit the squirrel. " Life lesson.

Lou Coppolino

Synchromatic
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
OMG, I'm a fat one.

I weighed myself this morning and I was 183 lbs.

I'm 5'-7"

I was 5'-7 1/2" but I'm older and shrinking

Hefty.

I met my wife in 1969.

I had to lift myself up to kiss her.

Now, I'm face to face with her.

In H.S., I was 151.

In my late 30's I was 138.

Jeez, I'm fat now.

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
Wearing blue jeans all my life I watched the waist and inseam numbers. Many times the inseam would increase and then the numbers would get equal again. For a whlie the waist was greater but with some effort the numbers are equal again at 32.

Emergence

Synchromatic
May 25, 2022
New York
Bushy tailed tree rats.
Having them clean out your bird feeder is bad enough.
Just hope you don't get them in your attic.
I’ve had them in my eves. I used humane traps and brought them to a schoolyard where there were plenty of trees. I’ll have to find a feeder solution before the weather changes. I’ll post it when I find it. I can’t be the only person with this problem.

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
When I was 138 lbs., my jean waist was 29".
That’s me. I’m freshly 44 yrs old. I’m 5’9, 150lbs, and wear 29x32’s. It takes work to stay there these days though. Gotta really watch my diet which isn’t always easy since I love to eat. I’ve definitely noticed the metabolic change and how much more effort it takes to maintain. I also know it only gets harder.

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
I’ve had them in my eves. I used humane traps and brought them to a schoolyard where there were plenty of trees. I’ll have to find a feeder solution before the weather changes. I’ll post it when I find it. I can’t be the only person with this problem.
There are feeders that have weight-activated mechanisms that close access to squirrels. Pricey.

Lou Coppolino

Synchromatic
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
That’s me. I’m freshly 44 yrs old. I’m 5’9, 150lbs, and wear 29x32’s. It takes work to stay there these days though. Gotta really watch my diet which isn’t always easy since I love to eat. I’ve definitely noticed the metabolic change and how much more effort it takes to maintain. I also know it only gets harder.

I'm 69.

I'm hopefully losing some weight.

I'd like to get down to 155 to 160.

I ballooned up to 230 in my late 50's.

Lou Coppolino

Synchromatic
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
I am no longer slim. Ought to change my handle here.
COPD meds, arthritis, and sciatica have taken their toll.
Exercise is impossible. Would if I could.
I went thru most of my adult life with a 32 or 34 in waist.

I know it's difficult.

I have stage 4 colon cancer.

Type 2 diabetic.

Have blood clots in both arms and both legs.

I'm on 18 pills a day.

The medication has side effects.

I recently had a camera in my private area because I have blood in my urine.

My kidney and bladder are fine.

There's something going on.

I have a CPAP machine.

I'm tired all the time.

I'm up at 4:00AM.

Drive 280+ miles per day while working.

I'm dealing with the weight.

It's tough.

Emergence

Synchromatic
May 25, 2022
New York
There are feeders that have weight-activated mechanisms that close access to squirrels. Pricey.
The feeder has weight activated perches. The squirrel can’t feed there. He hangs from the branch, lifts the top, and drops in. I have an idea that I think will work. I’m retired now but I had a long and productive career in bioengineering. I specialized in laser imaging systems. A lot of the job was re-engineering products to improve their performance or correct design errors. I think I can reengineer a bird feeder. We’ll see. Watch the thread tomorrow.