For Sale G5420TG-59

Bounty Hunter

Electromatic
Apr 29, 2010
Illinois
I have come to the conclusion that I need a thinner bodied guitar than this beautiful Gretsch. I am currently looking at the Rat Rod/Tri Five models so this one has to go:

The Sweetwater exclusive model. It features a more vintage accurate orange finish with the curious mixed gold/silver hardware found on the original 1959 model. The guitar is in near showroom condition with no dents/dings or other cosmetic or structural issues. A Gretsch hard case is included. I'm not a fan of shipping guitars anymore but will do so if a local(ish) buyer can't be found. I'd be willing to meet the buyer with a 2 hour drive of central Illinois. I do have all the original packaging if shipping is involved. $850 for a local sale. Buyer will pay shipping and insurance costs if shipping is involved. Will ship to the CONUS only.

G5420TG Electromatic Hollowbody Single-cut with Bigsby Features:
Only at Sweetwater: gold hardware on Vintage Orange finish
5-Ply maple top, back, and sides add snap and definition to your sound
Standard U-profile Maple neck; 24.6" scale length
Bound, 12"-radius compressed-rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and pearloid neo-classic thumbnail inlays
Black Top Filter'Tron humbucking neck and bridge pickups
3-Position pickup selector toggle; 2 volume controls, master tone
Bigsby licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece
Adjusto-Matic bridge with pinned compressed-rosewood base
Gloss body and neck finish
1.6875" Graph Tech NuBone Nut
Gold hardware; G-Arrow control knobs

Attachments

• Gretsch front 2.jpg
    Gretsch front 2.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Gretsch back 2.jpg
    Gretsch back 2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 47
  • Gretsch headstock.jpg
    Gretsch headstock.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Gretsch case 2.jpg
    Gretsch case 2.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Bounty Hunter

Electromatic
Apr 29, 2010
Illinois
Just to clarify: I will certainly ship this guitar if need be. I'm just hoping for a local-ish buyer to avoid shipping costs & risk of the goons who sometimes damage fine instruments.

Bounty Hunter

Electromatic
Apr 29, 2010
Illinois
Absolutely no interest or response? I think it's priced fairly but maybe I'm wrong. I bet if I set the price at 10 bucks it would sell quickly :)

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
Not telling you what to set your sale price to, just saying that these sell new for $900. If I get 10% off or have a 15% off coupon for Sweetwater or Guitar Center etc, I could get a brand new one for the same price or better. Just food for thought.

Great guitar here.

Bounty Hunter

Electromatic
Apr 29, 2010
Illinois
Not telling you what to set your sale price to, just saying that these sell new for $900. If I get 10% off or have a 15% off coupon for Sweetwater or Guitar Center etc, I could get a brand new one for the same price or better. Just food for thought.

Great guitar here.
Understood, and I appreciate the input. There is a $150 Gretsch case involved and I pretty much expected someone to at least reach out with a lower offer but it's been crickets and that's a bit surprising. I'm not too concerned because I don't really need to sell & every time I pick it up I question why I'd let it go.

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
Understood, and I appreciate the input. There is a $150 Gretsch case involved and I pretty much expected someone to at least reach out with a lower offer but it's been crickets and that's a bit surprising. I'm not too concerned because I don't really need to sell & every time I pick it up I question why I'd let it go.

Oh - didn’t realize it came with a hardcase. That’s nice!

71shooter

Electromatic
May 30, 2022
Usa
If you don’t need the dough, I’d keep it. If I’d seen it before I ordered mine, last weekend, I would have probably bought yours. With tax and no case, mine was almost a grand.

fishlog

Gretschie
Feb 23, 2010
Red Sox Nation
I Just sold one about a month ago for $750 without a case... but to be honest I think I got lucky. You just need to have the right person come along.

I should have kept mine... seemed just a bit enough better than the regular stock version (Korea Vs China?).

fleetwoodPC

Electromatic
Nov 20, 2020
Phila
" I've just come to prefer a thinner bodied guitar."

Buy mine.

Latest posts