For all the Grandpa's out there....

Butch Ammon

Synchromatic
Jan 3, 2016
Richmond, VA
Here's something way Off Topic, but then, it's very special and very heartwarming...
This is my 7 month old granddaughter Brienne. This afternoon, I actually had to go to my daughter & son-in-law's house and take care of her, as my son-in-law was at work, and my daughter (a 4th grade teacher - off for the summer) was busy with school meetings, getting things organized with her fellow teachers at the school, etc... My wife was at work, and my son-in-law's mom was out of town. So.... that left ME to take care of the baby!

Honest? I was nervous as hell at first, as it's been like 30 YEARS since I last had to change a dirty baby diaper, etc... feed a baby, burp a baby, etc... But you know what? It all came right back to me! Pampers are still Pampers. Baby Wipes are still Baby Wipes. I may be old and out of practice, but, the only thing that changed was a generation.

AUcXiDo.jpg

Butch Ammon

Synchromatic
Jan 3, 2016
Richmond, VA
@TSims1 ..... Oh, believe me, it's incredible! My current Avatar is a photo of me with my 2nd born granddaughter, taken at the USMC Base in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina (where my other son-in-law and daughter are stationed).

Grandkids are amazing. Along with the powers of Almighty God above, you will move Heaven and Earth for them! In fact, a few weeks ago, I was on the phone with my 3 yr old granddaughter (the first born of the three), and she said, "Grandpa, I miss you! Come visit!". ❤️ Well.... you know what happened... Next thing I knew, I was getting out the suitcase, packing clothes, etc... and I was on I-95 South heading into North Carolina and onto all those secondary roads, down towards Wilson, NC, and heading to the Marines base at Camp Lejeune! YOU CAN'T SAY "NO"!!!