email spam from GT??

Wayne Gretschzky

Country Gent
Aug 27, 2008
East Coast
Why am I suddenly receiving email from GT featuring topics I have no interest in?? I love this site... but PLEASE let me come to you and cease and desist with the unsolicited email spam. Thanks... Love Wayne.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Wayne ,
Seems this has happened to some other members too since the new change am few weeks back . Even I get emails regarding the " drum forum " . As Synchro stated ... just un-subscribe and you should be ok

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
I've been noticing those too. The last batch I got however, at least were correctly labeled as being from Gretsch-Talk and not Drum Forum. So ... that's progress, I guess?!

They also weren't technically spam in that they weren't advertising vacumm cleaners or something. Instead, they were a summary of the site's latest posts, more a newsletter than spam.

Personally, I think they're a waste of time. If I want the latest posts, I visit the site! Why would I need an email about it?

But I get similar emails from several other sites. Seems to be the latest fad in marketing right now. Some idiot's idea of a good idea!

Runamok

Country Gent
I've been noticing those too. The last batch I got however, at least were correctly labeled as being from Gretsch-Talk and not Drum Forum. So ... that's progress, I guess?!

They also weren't technically spam in that they weren't advertising vacumm cleaners or something. Instead, they were a summary of the site's latest posts, more a newsletter than spam.

Personally, I think they're a waste of time. If I want the latest posts, I visit the site! Why would I need an email about it?

But I get similar emails from several other sites. Seems to be the latest fad in marketing right now. Some idiot's idea of a good idea!
Have you changed your notification preferences under your profile?
Some came checked in the new software client: Uncheck them.

Filter in your email client.
Create a rule, moving that sort of content into spam.

Attachments

• BF3160AF-EB9E-41BA-9EF1-ADAE7FA9A833.jpeg
    BF3160AF-EB9E-41BA-9EF1-ADAE7FA9A833.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 4

Julio Iguana

Electromatic
Feb 15, 2022
NC
I get the ones mentioned here (drum forum which changed to G-T). Also get the same from TGP. I just delete them. Not spam to me, but someone’s thinking that this would be interesting to me!?