Jun 11, 2018
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Hey all,

I have:
- TWANGY’S TOP TWENTY TWO TRICKS!

- ROCKABILLY RULES!

- THE ROOTS OF ROCKABILLY RHYTHM GUITAR
- THE ROOTS OF ROCKABILLY LEAD GUITAR

I’ve worked on these some though the going is slow as I’m coming from a background of relying on tab a lot.

Thinking about purchasing THE ROOTS OF RHYTHM GUITAR and maybe THE ROOTS OF LEAD GUITAR.

Anybody know where all these stack in level of difficulty?

Anybody know if the ones I’m thinking of adding to my collection are better for becoming a well rounded guitar player?

I like Twangy’s playing and style. I also like the stripped down teaching style. I’d like to know the ideal spot to start with these if anyone has an opinion. Also open to other suggestions if there are better courses out there.

Thanks!

Viking Power

Synchromatic
Jun 11, 2018
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Damian Bacci is on Youtube and also sells instructional dvds
Worth checking out.

Thanks. I have Damian’s - Ultimate Rockabilly Guitar. I have worked on it a little. Might need to give his stuff a closer look. I like Damian which is a plus. We have the same musical roots.
i made what seems like kind of a mistake now in hindsight. I bought those Twangy courses I listed above, Damian’s course, and a couple of courses from Steve Travato all at once. Info overload! Not sure how to proceed/which to do first.

Last edited:

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
Thanks. I have Damian’s - Ultimate Rockabilly Guitar. I have worked on it a little. Might need to give his stuff a closer look. I like Damian which is a plus. We have the same musical roots.
i made what seems like kind of a mistake now in hindsight. I bought those Twangy courses I listed above, Damian’s course, and a couple of courses from Steve Travato all at once. Info overload! Not sure how to proceed/which to do first.
Pick a small bit from any of them and stick with it, I've tended to spread myself too thin as well, but I've narrowed it down to one tune that I want to learn thoroughly and well.

Viking Power

Synchromatic
Jun 11, 2018
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Pick a small bit from any of them and stick with it, I've tended to spread myself too thin as well, but I've narrowed it down to one tune that I want to learn thoroughly and well.
Thanks for the completely reasonable advice. Haha. Yes, you’ve hit the mail on the head for me. Tend to spread myself thin and then just end up spinning my wheels going nowhere. I’ll jump on one of these, pick a lick, and focus til I get it. Rinse and repeat.
Speaking of spinning wheels…nice looking bike man. I do some riding myself.