Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
Be afraid...............

Highroller

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
It's Vegas, 15 minutes off the strip. Money means nothing there - to some people. It's all about the bling!

Besides, I bet that guitar looks right awesome in a display case, under the right lighting, all sparkly and shiny and all, just waiting for the right fool to come along ... LoL!

Last edited:

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
It's Vegas, 15 minutes off the strip. Money means nothing there - to some people. It's all about the bling!

Besides, I bet that guitar looks right awesome in a display case, under the right lighting, all sparkly and shiny and all, just waiting for the right fool to come along ... LoL!
I’ve been in that GC. It’s one of the least impressive GCs I’ve ever seen.

Highroller

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
I’ve been in that GC. It’s one of the least impressive GCs I’ve ever seen.

Really? LoL! Some of 'em are pretty darn un-impressive so that's saying something!

I think - maybe - that's the kind of price you stick on a guitar when you don't really want to sell it. They're using it as a display piece, something to class the joint up a bit, especially if you've got a store that needs it! That or some (former?) employee screwed up and paid waaay too much for it in the first place ...

I like going to these little shops that sell vintage guitars, but I won't really seriously consider buying one. Too many of them just ridiculously overpriced! $4K for a used SG with dings and dents, bad chrome and covered in grime. Stuff like that, No thanks.

The Falcon there's not even vintage, but it's the same idea in a way. An unusual (to some) model that stands out. Put it out at some insane price and see what happens!

Capitalism at its best! LOL!

Lou Coppolino

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
Dealers and vendors vary in their pricing.

I traded even up a Rickenbacker 370/6 for a Limited Edition Falcon at the Philly Guitar Show.

I bought that Ric for $1599.00

The Falcon goes for $3599.00.

The Falcon was NOS.

No way would GC do that.

You go with what you paid and go with market pricing.

I bought a 1962 Gibson SG/LP Junior for $325.00 in the 90's.

What's that going for these days?

I'll sell it but only for todays top $ market price.

I understand that GC needs to make money.

So do we.

Be smart.

Be frugal.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Be afraid...............

Lou,

Happens with ''used'' all the time.

Not only with guitars but everything.

The guitar I'm showing in the attached, Al Cisneros, Signature, 4003 Ric, is still available new, last time I looked, Sweetwater had four in stock, $3000.

Limited Edition, low product volume speculators have already started offering these...''EXTREMELY RARE/ONLY 420 MADE''... for twice the list price.

Remember when the Plymouth Prowler made its debut, they listed in the mid $40's. Speculators were buying them from dealers, and attempting to immediately flip them for 100K.

Today you can buy used Prowlers all day for $25,000.

Speculators speculate, and ''A fool and his money, soon go separate ways''

Best,

BIB.

Rickenbacker 4003 AC Signature Bass.jpg

Last edited:

Lou Coppolino

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
I'm a constant guitar "homework" guy.

I enjoy reading the "Happy New Guitar Day" on the forums.

I think it's living through others.

I think learning a new chord each day is a good practice.

Hey, those Gretsch guitars are nice.

Like you don't know it.

Don't spend more than you have to.

It's a rule.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in

There's one born every minute, according to P.T. Barnum.

Lou Coppolino

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
Remind me not to buy anything from GC. That deal betrays an extremely low threshold of integrity, a willingness to happily rip off whomever...
I'm hesitant to deal with GC.

They have the tendency not to be forthright.

If they have what I want, I deal with them but it's not a pleasant thought.

I think they are very disingenuous.

I've caught them in a few lies.

I need a detox when dealing with them.

They're the big box store that's there and have a tremendous inventory where much of the salesforce is clueless.

Many of the salesforce can't deliver a pizza.

I don't like slamming them but they make it so easy.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I'm hesitant to deal with GC.

They have the tendency not to be forthright.

If they have what I want, I deal with them but it's not a pleasant thought.

I think they are very disingenuous.

I've caught them in a few lies.

I need a detox when dealing with them.

They're the big box store that's there and have a tremendous inventory where much of the salesforce is clueless.

Many of the salesforce can't deliver a pizza.

I don't like slamming them but they make it so easy.
Guys and gals at my GC come across helpful but never seem to have an answer for the stuff I look at, oh sorry I don’t know I work in and different department, last kid that told me that got a real surprise. I had questions about something that would fall in his department, he couldn’t tell me about anything he didn’t have on the shelf. And that all sounded like the data off the box. I will give him that at least he took the time to learn that. There are a couple of guitar players there they do have their typical ideas about gear as we all do. But not like my mom and pop stow all of those guys played great had bands taught. I miss that place.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Wasn't there a recent mass layoff at GC?
Around 2-3 months ago I think. Something like 500 laid off and another 200-300 demoted and lost some of their benefits. I suppose full timers made part time. I stumbled on it, I really don’t read about GC I avoid the place they way I avoid Walmart, like the plague!

Latest posts