Change my order for a 2622 to a 2655?

michelb

Synchromatic
Mar 27, 2020
Belgium
Welcome, that's a nice guitar :)
In all things imo, aesthetics is also very important. You have to wanna look at your guitar and wanna pick it up and play.

DennisC

Country Gent
May 11, 2017
Germany
I'm sure I bored someone already with the following story...

First of all - welcome!

Now, continuing to bore ... I bought a big-bodied one, a 2622, three years ago. Because ... I have to prefer big bodies and/or flat backs (most hollowbody guitars, semi or full, are flat enough in this sense, so I will just call this flat). A few years before, I had my gallbladder removed, and it's not really like before. It sucks, it forces me to take care what I eat, and when, and how much - and the area around the liver now is more sensitive. Something applying a little pressure on there won't hurt initially, but it will after one, two songs. The meant-to-be-comfy cutting at strat's back sides is a KO for me. A big and flat back on the other hand can rest on the ribcage and the pelvic bone (is it called so?), without hanging below the knees or up to the chin. I played a Tele since forever and restarted playing around then and wanted something different ... and thought, a semihollow might fit (I always had Gretsch on my mind, but somehow lost track and didn't know about the Streamliner series before ... I bought her without brand preference, always thought about big orange hollowbodied guitars costing a kidney, and, regarding my experience with taking out organs, decided not to).

And a semihollow did fit. And so did a fully hollow.

... and, in the end, it is your decision. I personally like the look of the big ones better, too. But others do other, different ones differ, and every Else is something completely else - you prefer the smaller one - get the smaller one!

As I see it the one you ordered is already there? Then, of course ... try out first. Return policy might allow to exchange her for a smaller one, but ... as long as the time you have to decide on that isn't used up yet, no need for any hurry...

GuitAl

Electromatic
Jun 10, 2020
Gouda - The Netherlands
Thanks Dennis for your story. Hope your health is OK/steady now and that you can enjoy playing the guitar. I made my choice and bought the 2622. Very happy with it and think she is happy with me ha ha. I'm just a beginner but already 'hooked'. Thanks again and wish you all the best.

Cass

Electromatic
May 24, 2020
Melbourne
I gather that's the 2622? I think the advice in this post is right - follow your instinct, it'll take you to the right place. For myself, I get a feeling from the physical size of the guitar (in my case, a Tennessean) and feel like it's special. The relatively large size is part of the joy of playing it. Congratulations, well done, and enjoy!

Berington

Gretschie
Jan 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Happy days .... Today my Gretsch 2622T will be delivered. I just can't stop reading about the Gretsch guitars and now I am thinking of changing the 2622T for a 2655T, just because the smaller body looks better to me. I am an absolute beginner (Bowie ...) and want to learn how to play the blues. Technically and sound-wise I can not make a decision. It's just the looks. Any advise for my? thanks in advance.
CONGRATULATIONS on your New Toy! No matter what model you get, if it says Gretsch on the headstock you're going to be thrilled with it, no doubt, and it'll serve you very well! And there are a lot of variations to move around through, as well, should you get adventurous! Maybe one day you'll end up with a Gent or a White Falcon! Welcome to the club! Cheers!

GuitAl

Electromatic
Jun 10, 2020
Gouda - The Netherlands
CONGRATULATIONS on your New Toy! No matter what model you get, if it says Gretsch on the headstock you're going to be thrilled with it, no doubt, and it'll serve you very well! And there are a lot of variations to move around through, as well, should you get adventurous! Maybe one day you'll end up with a Gent or a White Falcon! Welcome to the club! Cheers!
Thanks. Loking forward to my White Falcon.

bhatta

Gretschie
Jun 29, 2020
Bangalore
That one looks a beauty. I got a same color but a 2655t! It's a very nice guitar.
Enjoy yours
I intend to move on to a hollow body later!

Play yours it will help you choose your next steps;)

Latest posts