Can we PLEASE increase the font size in the new G-T?

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
@Jelly Roll Horton , maybe this will help ........
My home screen is all the forum sections listed as I'm sure yours is too ( starting with " Forum Announcements , then Forum issues , problems .... )

** Click up top on " New Posts " - then click on " What's new " - scroll to bottom and click on " View more " Some extra steps , but it will look more familiar to you

Also : at the right side of the home screen is a " Lightning Bolt " icon ( also says " new posts " ) . Click on that and then click on " whats new "

Last edited:

gretschbigsby

Gretschie
Nov 21, 2009
chicago
Some forum software allows for adjusting the font under preferences. I can't find it here. Many browsers will allow you to increase the size of the page, which might be the way to go.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
iOS15 on my iPhone has options to make the font larger(oddly not smaller), use a different font, or set the zoom-in functionality.

On my macs I always had different keyboard shortcuts to enlarge the text, usually including the “+” key

capnhiho

Country Gent
Feb 16, 2013
California
Some forum software allows for adjusting the font under preferences. I can't find it here. Many browsers will allow you to increase the size of the page, which might be the way to go.
Formerly I would simply rotate my phone 90 degrees which would increase the image (and therefore the relative font size) sufficiently. That technique doesn’t work with the new software…

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
The font size should be in the device or the app. Generally you would not want to rely on the site as rhen you could have varying sizes at different sites. It's not a forum issue, it is a user issue.

I use a Samsung phone and was able to change fonts in settings on the device.

Giant font:
Screenshot_20220205-110406_Firefox.jpg My regular font:

Screenshot_20220205-110629_Firefox.jpg