Availability of pro-series Gretsch guitars

Craig Encinitas

Gretschie
May 3, 2021
Encinitas, Ca
My local shop has had the same 6120 hotrod for sale for well over 4 years. It’s the only Japanese Gretsch they have in stock. They want more money for it than they’ll ever get.
However, they sell plenty of streamliners and electros.

I shared a link last week to a local shop that has a 30% off sale on a few Gretsch pro line models. None appear to have sold during this sale. 🤯

Deals are out there.

That aside. I still haven’t see any new 2022 g6228fm Jet models available. The V-stop tail model.

Attachments

• 17D93DE9-A554-4E62-A3EB-35F9CF097031.jpeg
    17D93DE9-A554-4E62-A3EB-35F9CF097031.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 5323AEDC-8374-4820-95C2-49F5464CB2A0.jpeg
    5323AEDC-8374-4820-95C2-49F5464CB2A0.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 7

Falconetti

Gretschie
Sep 18, 2012
Bagsville, Oxford UK
I shared a link last week to a local shop that has a 30% off sale on a few Gretsch pro line models. None appear to have sold during this sale. 🤯

Deals are out there.

That aside. I still haven’t see any new 2022 g6228fm Jet models available. The V-stop tail model.
That is insane money for a HR. They won't be selling that anytime soon despite the lack of available pro-lines (depending where you live). I have turned up what looks like a mint HR with all the candy for fair money. Going to see it this afternoon with my conscience and a guy who helps me on the road. I may be posting that NGD thread sooner than I expected. Wish me luck and lets hope the GAS doesn't over-power my naturally tight-fisted tendencies.

GAMBLER1234

Gretschie
Jan 18, 2018
Henderson Nevada
I'm not so sure it's all about Gretsch. I've been thinning the heard for a few months now. Sold four in the $450 to $1000 range. I also have a couple of Gibsons and this one for sale at much higher prices. None of them have even gotten a nibble. With inflation the way it is I'm figuring that after paying for gas and feeding their brood there aren't a lot of pickers out there running around with extra bucks right now.

Tennessee Rose
AM-JKLWa__7kDYHhTbOVFCxVhgRjqhtLaWSn9jlBs7bKDC3KPI9XUiJrovJRMVajfMnLJhZ0NaSt7FvxiOHQfaZSfc45S4h85zE1iHJPJwAq3yeKWcPk00Uf2vBo3E9vZ1yvanldThVhenGO84ilRcnxb6D0=w485-h640-no

Falconetti

Gretschie
Sep 18, 2012
Bagsville, Oxford UK
Man……that’s so pretty. Sorry to hear you had no takers but give it time. The right deal will happen along.

FWIW the Hot Rod I went to see was pretty soul-less. Flatwound strings did nothing for it but even so it didn’t offer me anything I can’t get with my 6120TM and it wasn’t as pretty or as good a player so…..this time…no. The guy who went with me fell asleep it was so, so, so dull. One will be mine one day. Just a shame that Her Majesty’s Government make it economically unviable to import guitars from the US to the UK due to 24% tax and insured shipping approaching $1000. Shame all round I’d say.

PrimitiveWood

Electromatic
Oct 16, 2014
Pennsyltucky
Costs are all relative--
We are "lucky" to have decent quality new $500 guitars in stores.
I went to a Blues festival a couple weeks ago and saw a fantastic performer names Vanessa Collier--she plays some slide guitar--but her weapon of choice is saxophone--
So I thought--heck-- I can't play guitar for beans --maybe I'm a saxophone player!
Plus they look really cool!
I went to Reverb to check out what that might cost.
HOLY ****--!!
Looks like cost of admission is north of $1K--I checked with a friend who plays on his thoughts, --he said don't buy anything less than $3K if you are slightly serious....
I did check out a place that teaches and I can rent a "student" instrument at $42 a month--
Seems the smarter way to search for my inner Richard Parry.

LesB3

Gretschie
Aug 17, 2021
Philadelphia, PA
Costs are all relative--
We are "lucky" to have decent quality new $500 guitars in stores.
I went to a Blues festival a couple weeks ago and saw a fantastic performer names Vanessa Collier--she plays some slide guitar--but her weapon of choice is saxophone--
So I thought--heck-- I can't play guitar for beans --maybe I'm a saxophone player!
Plus they look really cool!
I went to Reverb to check out what that might cost.
HOLY ****--!!
Looks like cost of admission is north of $1K--I checked with a friend who plays on his thoughts, --he said don't buy anything less than $3K if you are slightly serious....
I did check out a place that teaches and I can rent a "student" instrument at $42 a month--
Seems the smarter way to search for my inner Richard Parry.
Tell me about it.

In the 1990's I had convinced myself that playing *Baritone* Sax was my calling (after several years as first chair licorice stick in high school). Finally walked into a music store, asked them "how much for that Bari Sax in the window" and was floored by the response. $2000 for the student model, even more for the "intermediate" (a Yamaha). Keep in mind this was 25+ years ago...

The guitar next to it was $169. Guess which one I ended up with.

Pine Apple Slim

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2011
North Alabama
In my experience since I became interested in Gretsch in the mid 2000s, Pro Lines were hard to come by. Even in the days when Guitar Center was booming they might have one or two Prolines at most in a larger store, if your were lucky.
When I went seriously shopping for one a few years ago of course you could order almost anything online, but if I wanted to play a good variety I had to go either to Wildwood in Colorado or Street Sounds in NYC.
I used my wife's frequent flyer miles and hopped on a plane to NYC, played a dozen hanging on Rockys wall and had my new White Falcon shipped home to Alabama.