At home amps

stevo

Friend of Fred
May 1, 2012
Atlanta
Everything is an at home amp, nothing is an at home amp. A 22 watt amp isn't that much quieter than a 50 watt amp. And when I listen to the single digit low wattage jobbies, they don't generally sound any better than a pedal. Plus, to play them at "bedroom" levels, i can hear my guitars acoustically as much as through the amp, so kind of unsatisfying.

So I just have a Brownface Deluxe variant (1x12) and a Vibrolux Reverb (2x10) variant and I can play them anywhere and be happy.

Not to ignore your Mesa - that's a great amp.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
View attachment 183041

I am hugely grateful to @thunder58 for putting me onto the Jazz Chorus. The JC-22 is 30 watts, but is great at low volume. You won't get better cleans than from this. Plus four-dimensional Stereo chorus.

I love this thing. It makes me play better, because theirs no hiding place when an amp is this clean, but it also allows the character of each guitar to shine, and it takes pedal well too.

And it's small and light...and has a headphone jack!
You are very welcome sir . I'm glad you're enjoying it and that it all worked out for you .

Outlaw

Country Gent
Jul 13, 2011
UK
This is my home set up
On the left is my modded Fender champ 600 ri running a Weber P10q.
On the right is a Champ 5f1 that I built about a year ago, it has a WGS G12C speaker, (still got to cover it but keep getting delayed as I am having too much fun playing it!)
Alone both these amps sound really good, in stereo with Atomic brain into El Capistan-BLISS!
IMG_20220621_123458_edit_3760596040784499.jpg

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
Thank you to everyone who shared their home rigs. There are more good, no, great ideas in this thread and it didn’t degenerate into tubes versus solid state or pedals versus modeling. I gave this entire thread another read and will probably read it through again in a week. I wish I could try all of this cool stuff. Thanks again!

nickurso

Gretschified
Dec 24, 2012
New Orleans la.
View attachment 183041

I am hugely grateful to @thunder58 for putting me onto the Jazz Chorus. The JC-22 is 30 watts, but is great at low volume. You won't get better cleans than from this. Plus four-dimensional Stereo chorus.

I love this thing. It makes me play better, because theirs no hiding place when an amp is this clean, but it also allows the character of each guitar to shine, and it takes pedal well too.

And it's small and light...and has a headphone jack!
Glad you posted this I was looking at these. Now I’m really getting the bug for it