ABBA WTH?

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
ABBA Inhave no desire to see but the Kraftwerk one was entertaining to me. Kind of like seeing a realization of a Disney’s prophecy of the future! Or something out of Buck Rogers!

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Didn't they do that with a Michael Jackson hologram?
I think it was done with Nat King Cole so his daughter Natalie could sing a duet with him.
Seems kind of pointless to me, like the concerts they had during C19 where the shows were televised at drive in theaters.

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Holographic pop stars!

The title character of William Gibson's 1996 sci-fi book Idora is an AI construct that presents herself as a holographic Japanese pop idol, known as an "aidoru" in Japan. Great book, the second of his so-called Bridge Trilogy.

And here we are 25 years later, reality once again catching up with Gibson! Only they're Swedes, not Japanese - Ha!

( Gibson's probably best known for coining the phrase "cyberpunk" with his first book Nueromancer and a not-very-good movie adaptation of his short story, Johnny Nnemonic. If you wanna read some sc-fi that'll make you think, he's a good choice.)

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Holographic pop stars!

The title character of William Gibson's 1996 sci-fi book Idora is an AI construct that presents herself as a holographic Japanese pop idol, known as an "aidoru" in Japan. Great book, the second of his so-called Bridge Trilogy.

And here we are 25 years later, reality once again catching up with Gibson! Only they're Swedes, not Japanese - Ha!

( Gibson's probably best known for coining the phrase "cyberpunk" with his first book Nueromancer and a not-very-good movie adaptation of his short story, Johnny Nnemonic. If you wanna read some sc-fi that'll make you think, he's a good choice.)
William Gibson is awesome. One of my favorites.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
Holographic pop stars!

Hatsune Miku(yes, from the Korg pedal) has been giving holographic concerts since 2016. And her voice is not even real cause synthesised by Yamaha... Welcome to our future. 🙈

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
Very entertaining high tech puppet theatre.
People will pay a lot of money to see it.
Most of them will love it except they expected a concert.

ForTheLoveOfIvy

Gretschie
Feb 28, 2022
London
Well there is a band doing the music and backing vocals. The main vocals are taken from the original recordings I believe. All in all it adds up to a concert for me. I might feel like i'd seen it before if I went more than once though! ☺️

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Interesting technology, but I’ll be keeping my Visa in my wallet.

If I go to a concert, I want to see music performed live, in real time. Seeing music played live takes it to another level, and is far different from something that was recorded ahead of time. I’m not there to see mistakes, but the fact that a live performance has rne possibility of a mistake makes it all the better when things go right.
Puppet show says it all.